New site layout

Go down

Do we want open forums, or to leave them as they are (More info in 1st post)

17% 17% 
[ 1 ]
83% 83% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 6

New site layout

Post by NightHawk043 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:04 am

Due to the change to divisions, I'll be reformatting the site so as to move the topics in to new categories.
While I was doing it, There was a few other changes I have been thinking about making, so I thought I'd ask all of you.

Firstly, At the moment for registrations to the forums (note i say to forums, not to the clan), have to be activated by me before they can see anything on the forums.

The point of this was, I believe to keep untrustworthy non-clan members from taking "clan secrets" plus preventing people from creating spam accounts etc.

The trouble with the system, is that I get large numbers of emails asking for activation, only a few of which from names I recognise.
This means that I have to do a lot of asking around to find out who they are and whether they should be allowed on.

What I propose doing, is making the forums open to anyone who registers (and they won't need to be activated), however, I'll create sections that are Clan only, for all our private strategy and organisation stuff.

There'll be both a public announcement section, and private announcements, plus clan only discussion boards and other boards for Everyone.

I could also create a recruitment application section, so everyone who wants to join can be directed here, make an application (I'll set it up so it's in a special format) and be scheduled a time to be tested. This way it circumvents the problems of having to have members tell applicants to find me or Jera, so they can just be sent here.

My question, is whether you want it to stay as it is, or to allow other people on.

NightHawk043
Admin
Admin

http://www.instantaction.com

Back to top Go down

Re: New site layout

Post by TrainMuncher on Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:56 am

I agree with letting other people on to a public board, other clans such as omni and 57th have this and it seems to work quite well.

http://www.57th.net/
http://www.omniscientgaming.com/

Yes, I am a stalker and I dont care.

On another note, me and stuby were discussing the name of the australian division. Unfortunately stuby has already encountered some rather annoying coments with reguards to the rebelliance name. Also as the australian and asian divisions are completly different, it seems strange and confusing to use the same tag. (I know I agreed to it, but now I am thinking otherwise)So given that rebeliance was originally meant to be an alliance would it be possible to re-name the divisions in order to give ourselves a "new" meaning?
TrainMuncher
Post Hulk
Post Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post by NightHawk043 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:10 am

Come up with some suggestions, We'll listen .
(I hadn't realised 57th were on a new forum , i'm registered on their last forum but not on this one)
what kind of "rather annoying comments"
Oh and Train, I made the poll to be used Very Happy cast your vote

NightHawk043
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrainMuncher on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:42 am

We havent thought of anything decent yet Surprised

The comments were mostly reffering to us as a *lame newbie* clan, "omg your good why are you in ra etc, etc..." tbh I've had to listen to the same sort of rediculus *damn* after playing in foreign shazbots.

Lol, I didnt notice the poll.

P.S It'd be awesome if you could post a draft of the layout so we can suggest sections etc Very Happy
TrainMuncher
Post Hulk
Post Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post by NightHawk043 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:01 pm

FORUM LAYOUT (DRAFT)

Rules

• Rules
Public Site News

• Alliance Announcements
  • Site News
  • Portal Feed (at the moment alliance announcements are being used in the portal, but if this is used, then Particular messages can be put there, because only admins will be able to post there, and I'll set up a guideline as to what kind of messages will go in the portal)
  • Contests and Events
Rebelliance News (Visible only to RA members)

• Private Announcements
  • Australian Division Announcements
  • Asian Division Announcements
  • Alliance Events
Forum Related

• Suggestions and Feedback
Community Interaction

• Introductions
  • Community Announcements
  • Unofficial Help
  • General
Rebelliance Business (visible only to RA)

• Private chat
  • (Other...Not sure what to call it)
The Rest is pretty much going to be left as is.
If we did change this, there may be individual threads that get moved to new sections.

Oh and Train, if you ever remember who the people claiming such things were, just tell me, I'll talk to them and see what their gripe is.

NightHawk043
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TrainMuncher on Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:10 pm

Awesome, that would definately work! Not to mention that it looks way cleaner.

NightHawk043 wrote:
Oh and Train, if you ever remember who the people claiming such things were, just tell me, I'll talk to them and see what their gripe is.

Oh dont worry, they shut up after a while Wink Its just annoying to put up, especially when there are noticable skill gaps between our players. If that makes any sense :S
TrainMuncher
Post Hulk
Post Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post by WERTY05 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:25 pm

I agree with this.

TrainMuncher wrote:

The comments were mostly reffering to us as a *lame newbie* clan, "omg your good why are you in ra etc, etc..." tbh I've had to listen to the same sort of rediculus *damn* after playing in foreign shazbots.

Who the heck are these people? Coz, I will hunt them for the rest of their IA life! >: (
WERTY05
Hyperactive
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by seanrya on Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:36 pm

me too! I'm >: ( lol but seriously people say that to you?
>: (
seanrya
Forum Fiend
Forum Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post by cheatmasterXII on Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:42 pm

i dont know.but i vote NO!LOL
cheatmasterXII
Hyperactive
Hyperactive

Back to top Go down

Post by qqchurch on Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:07 pm

+1 to the idea. Much more organized that way.
qqchurch
Post Hulk
Post Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post by jeraccers on Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:37 pm

Let's get this Site to kick it up a notch Very Happy

Proud to be Pinoy
jeraccers
300th Division of Failposters
300th Division of Failposters

Back to top Go down